Assigning & Removing Carriers
Assign a New Carrier
1. Carrier must be entered into our system with appropriate paperwork (see Carrier Admin- “Creating a new Carrier Record”)
2. Mark the load “Direct” since it has been covered. Record as much information as possible about the booking in the Internal Comments Tab if available:
- Carrier Name, Contact Name, Phone Number & Quote
- Type of equipment (i.e. swings, food grade, furniture pads, tarps)
- Location and time of the truck’s unloading appointment
3. Assign the new Carrier to the load
- Send rate confirmation and request that it is signed and sent back. Follow up and make sure a signed copy has been returned before dispatching the driver.
- Forward any other additional paperwork the Carrier will need in advance of the pick-up.
- Check the pick-up tab for any notes regarding customs paperwork, packing slips, etc.
4. Make an “EA” check call including the below appointment
- Request the Driver’s Name – Cell# TRK# TRL# and enter in the corresponding format.
- Example: Travis-555.666.7777 TRK#888 TRL#12254B
- TRK/TRL NUMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO BE RECORDED FOR EVERY OTR LOAD
- Location and time of the truck’s unloading appointment.
- Note equipment type (ex. 53V)
Assign an EXISTING Carrier
1. Assign the Carrier to the load
2. Confirm the Contact's email & fax number. Mark the appropriate contact “Primary” in the Carrier Record in order to populate correctly in the Check Call screen. Add the contact if it is not currently in the record. ENSURE THE PHONE NUMBERS MATCH AND ARE VERIFIED.
3. If an error message occurs due to safety or insurance requirements seek approval from email@example.com.
- Mark “Direct” while waiting for system override approval.
4. If a carrier you’d like to use is on “DNU” check the comments tab of the carrier's record to see why they are on DNU. Reasons may include:
- Outdated/missing paperwork (contract, insurance, authority, W-9, etc)
- Bad safety scores
- Bad prior history with Transportation One
- Negative Freight Guard or Watch Dog Reports
5. Send rate confirmation and request that it is signed and sent back. Follow up and make sure a signed copy is scanned before dispatching the driver.
6. Forward on any other additional paperwork the Carrier will need in advance of the pick-up.
7. Check the pick-up tab for any notes regarding customs paperwork, packing slips, etc.
Remove a Carrier FROM BEING ASSIGNED TO A LOAD
1. KeyPoint Dashboard → Operations → Utilities → Add/Remove Order
2. Enter the Load number → hit 'tab'
3. Click Remove Order
click link below to be taken to the subtopic page
Use the arrow in your web browser to navigate back to this page
Carrier Sales Booking
1. Customer/Account rep can send rate request to carrier rep(s) they choose for a live rate:
- If sent to individual rep a reply must be given w/in 10 min or else a general carrier sales blast can go out
- If sent to firstname.lastname@example.org reply becomes FCFS for a response and customer rep can accept first or best fit reply for order
Format for Reply → RATE / CARRIER NAME / EMPTY CITY & TIME / EQUIPMENT TYPE
Assignment Procedures: All loads will be put on the ALL Board once they are ready to be booked. ANY Carrier Rep can book ANY load on the board
- Carrier Rep's Personal Board: Dedicated Carriers who have published pricing in place for our customers (ie. Nation Pizza) or on-going drop trailer business (ie. Whirlpool) will be the ONLY loads assigned to a personal board. If the dedicated carrier does not accept the load within 4 business hours of the load being assigned to them, it must be opened to the ALL Board
Region Backhaul Accountability* by Group:
Regions are designed for each group to develop BACKHAUL capacity into their specific market
- RED TEAM: West Coast, Mountain, and Midwest
- BLUE TEAM: South East
- GREEN TEAM: North East
For Example: Chicago, IL to Los Angeles, CA - Red Team
Los Angeles, CA to Chicago, IL - Blue Team
Reps must be present in the office until every load is covered in their designated backhaul zone. Rates must be offered to Account Reps and approval must be given from the Carrier Sales Manager to leave the office if loads remain uncovered
*Note: These regions are assigned to create accountability for a given market. Regions will change as more reps and groups are added to the carrier sales team
ALL Board - Booked by Carrier Sales Rep: Loads on the ALL board can be booked by anyone in carrier sales on a FCFS basis
- MATCHED (locked) status guidelines:
1. Each rep can have 2 loads MAXIMUM in matched status at any moment
2. Loads can be unmatched by account rep or manager if:
3. A carrier is not found for suitable price w/in the below time frame:
a. Non-same day loads = 1 hour
b. Same-day loads = 20 min
4. Offers are not being logged with minimum pace:
a. Non-same day loads = 3 offers logged in 30 min OR 6 offers in 1 hour
b. Same-day loads = 2 offers logged in first 10 min OR 4 offers in 20 min
5. Another carrier rep logs an offer at or below max spend and notifies account rep and matched carrier rep
a. Matched rep then has 5 minutes to match or beat logged offer
- MATCH REQUEST guidelines: Reps can request to be put in queue to be next in line to match any load currently in MATCHED STATUS:
1. Timed stamped request must be entered in internal comments: Ex “ JF - MATCH REQUEST”
2. Rep may not match another load until fully exited
3. Upon un-matching load, rep must see if there is another rep in line and notify them before exiting order
a. If queued rep is not at desk then the next rep in line must be notified
Credit for Logging Rate: If offer is logged and same carrier’s rate (even if higher) is later accepted that day, the original rep who logged the offer will get full credit
- Logged offer must include a rate that was declined (ex: cant just log “offered ABC trucking")
- If offer is accepted 1 or more days later, the current rep that has load in matched status gets to book
Fall off / Load bouncing
DEAD BOUNCE (assigned carrier is 100% no longer able to service)
24 hrs+ Prior to Pick
1. Account Owner must be notified via email immediately
2. Carrier rep has 20 minutes to re-book for same rate or less before opening load to ALL board and emailing carriersales@ to notify
Short Notice: Same Day Pick / Afternoon before Pick
1. The load must immediately be opened load to ALL board and becomes FCFS to whoever can get a suitable replacement first – MATCHED status does not protect load
2. Email blast must be sent to the Account Owner/Customer Group (distributution list), CarrierSales@, and CarrierAdmin@ to notify of bounce and carrier service failure
i. See SOP for reporting service failures for more information → Click Here
ii. The following information must be included in the bounce email
a. Order Number
c. Carrier Code of who is falling off
d. Date/ Time of fall off notification
LIVE BOUNCE (assigned carrier still has a chance of servicing load)
- Account rep must be notified of potential issue and email sent to carriersales@ to notify
- Depending on the degree of issue/delay
SHORT NOTICE (Dead Bounce occurring same day as pick or afternoon before pick)
- If there is no signed rate confirmation saved, the previous booking rep is not permitted to re-book unless they wish to forfeit commission
Carrier Sales Manager will manage all load postings. Individual reps cannot post loads
- If Carrier Sales Manager is out of office, Customer Sales Manager can approve posts
- If Carrier Sales Manager or Customer Sales Manager approve, the load must be on the ALL board (Free Market)
1. Carrier reps can be MATCHED into loads when posted as long as they are following the minimum guidelines for logging offers. All calls must be directed to MATCHED rep
2. Every inbound “call-in” is FCFS unless it is a relationship carrier, in those cases pass to appropriate carrier sales rep
Carrier Sales Representative can only post load(s) on ALL BOARD if:
- Permission was given from JF or AL
- Coverage is considered to be urgent by custy/account rep and JT or JF are not available to approve
- If a call comes in for a posted load, the call must be sent to the MATCHED rep
- If MATCHED rep is not able to take the call then another rep can sell load but must give MATCHED rep choice to take commission/book
- No carrier rep can book a truck over a top spend without the approval of JT, JF or specific Customer Rep/Account Manager
- Carrier reps can feel free to inform customer rep of offers that are close to top spend, but cannot book without approval
- Any book at Top Spend or under is an automatic book as long as carrier can meet all pick/delivery, weight, equipment, and other parameters within the load
Weekend / After Hours Booking
- Carrier reps are free to book loads remotely on their own boards or all open board under normal booking SOP’s
- Weekend / after hours spot rates sent to email@example.com are purely FCFS and booking rep will be awarded full commission if booked
- Carrier reps that book an after-hours load are subject to full tracking and tracing to ensure on-time pick/delivery
suggested template to confirm booking
Use this suggested canned response template when sending carriers the initial rate confirmation. This canned response should increase return rates since it provides specific instructions for the carrier to follow
Please sign and return all pages of the attached rate confirmation prior to your driver taking control of the freight. Note the specifications and requirements of the load.
Signed rate cons (all pages) should be returned to me, firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 312-254-3190. This is required.
If accessorials are accrued, we will issue a revised rate confirmation once the charges are approved. However, you should still send back the signed rate confirmation before pickup.
EA check call must be entered by booking rep at time of booking, or within 30 minutes of assigning a carrier
- EA Check Call should gather the following information
1. Driver's name, cell phone number, and truck/trailer numbers should be added to the 'Driver' box of the check call screen
a. PRO# acceptable on pre-approved carriers
i. Google Sheets Tracking Spreadsheet → "Carriers Approved for PRO# (in place of Rate Con)"
b. Cell # can only be omitted when 24/7 dispatch is confirmed
2. Up to date city/state location where the driver is getting empty
3. Any other relevant information, for example, "Driver has 10am appt to deliver per Don in dispatch"
- The booking rep is ultimately responsible for entering the driver's Tractor and Trailer numbers to the check call screen. This should be added during the EA Check Call
- If Truck/Trailer information is not available during the EA Check Call, a note must be added
For Example: EA = DR getting MT in (city/state). Trk/Trl will be assigned day of
- Only if the steps above have been taken, does the responsibility for adding the truck/trailer information fall to the Tracing Rep. The Tracing Rep is then responsible for asking the carrier's dispatcher for this information every time they don't see a PRO# or Truck/Trailer# listed in the 'Driver' box of the Check Call screen.
**If the carrier refuses to provide the required truck/trailer information, the Tracing Rep (or Carrier Sales Rep) is responsible for emailing the Carrier Sales Manager
Pick ups & deliveries
- Support team is primary, rep is secondary
1. Primary contact makes all check calls (EA only exception) call during hours of 06:00 – 22:00 unless otherwise noted
2. Calls must be made to ensure recovery can be secured with able notice (EX: 13:00 pick appt w/ a driver unloading 100 miles out should be confirmed rolling by 10:30)
a. Approaching pick-ups require update 1 hr before pick appt/cutoff(ex 10:00 pick must have update by 09:00)
b. Approaching deliveries require update 1 hr before pick appt/cutoff(ex 10:00 pick must have update by 09:00)
3. Arrived loads (both @ pick and drop) require update 1.5 hrs after arrival call to confirm no detention / loading issues
- Secondary contact (REP) must assist with tracking when BOTH of the below apply:
1. No reply from carrier after 2 attempted calls to dispatch AND driver cell in 15 min time frame
2. Email sent to primary dispatch contact and no reply in 15 min time frame
- 1 check call every 24 hrs on loads with more than 2 days transit by support team
- A check call entered at 07:00 to mark a load picked that had an appt from previous day must include a current location and ETA to consignee or does not count as an official in transit call
- Reps are still responsible for follow up if potential issue is flagged by after hours support or weekend rep
- Custy specific requirements may require additional tasks if pre-noted
Tracking failures will be recorded when any of the below apply
- EA check call - If required driver information (OR check call when driver info will be entered) is not logged as requested or recorded 30 minutes after load being dispatched
- Lack of contact for tracing is result of rep error (wrong contact info)
- If rep is solicited for support after tracing makes noted attempts and no action is taken by booking rep (including weekend / after hours)
- A “do not track” carrier (due to rep request) fails on service
Ad-Hoc/Hot Loads Quoting
spot rates from carriers
- When gathering spot rates from Carriers please adhere to the below instructions when responding to requests and quoting customer reps:
1. Confirm carrier has ACTUAL capacity and is not just guessing without having the driver’s approval.
2. Check safety while speaking to dispatch and confirm they meet our safety standards.
a. See “New Carrier Approval Criteria” SOP
b. Note we will not accept conditional carriers for ad hoc loads unless approved beforehand by JFUGMAN or JTEETS
- Reply in the below format IF you have all info:
1. RATE, EQUIPMENT TYPE, ESTIMATED ETA/EMPTY TIME, EMPTY CITY, OTHER COMMENTS
a. Example: $1750 / 53’ reefer / empty now in Chicago, IL / driver can only go as low as zero degrees
2. “Other comments” examples would include
a. Driver has a non-standard equipment (48’)
b. Driver is low on hours
c. Anything else that would prevent a typical transit
- Let Carrier know that you are passing along the rate and working on the load
- Call Carrier back in 5-10 minutes to give them an update on the load (i.e. waiting on customer to still approve, customer covered, load got cancelled, etc.)
1. If load is still available, let them know to work on their truck but there is a possibility that load goes, and you will call them immediately
IF YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH A CARRIER NOT yet SETUP IN OUR SYSTEM, AND THEY MEET OUR SAFETY STANDARDS →SEND THEM OUR CARRIER PACKET TO GET SET UP IN OUR SYSTEM → SEE "New CARRIER APPROVAL Criteria" SOP
Days Off - PTO
1. Commission on paid time off - PTO (sick or vacation) will be given based on prorated salary PLUS average daily commission earned, which is calculated using year-to-date (YTD) total commission divided by YTD booking days
2. Any days taken off beyond the allotted vacation and sick time will be unpaid and rep is subject to formal write-up from direct manager
3. Booking loads when on PTO has restrictions
- ALL board is off limits during normal business hours
- Personal board can be booked at any time
to earn new relationship
Carrier Sales Rep must book 8 loads in 2 consecutive months
- Or any combination per month for 8 total bookings in a 60-day window
ONE-OFF RELATIONSHIPS (Does not qualify based on beginning of the month)
- Must be requested specifically by the Carrier Sales Rep. Status will be given for 8 booked loads within 60 days, regardless of the date of first book
TO EARN PHAT RELATIONSHIP CARRIER
Book 2 loads within 30 days following setup/record completion
Only eligible on PHAT carriers entered into Keypoint in July 2015, or PHAT carriers not used by T1 since before 1/1/16
TO KEEP RELATIONSHIP (including phat relationships)
Carrier Sales Rep must book at least 4 loads per month to keep a Relationship Carrier
- Or any combination per month for 8 total bookings in a 60-day window
All bookings must be made through the relationship rep
If the relationship rep is absent, another rep can book the relationship carrier
- Commission will be split between the booking rep and relationship rep 50/50
1. Carrier Sales Manager will manually adjust commission on the load
If multiple reps meet the criteria for the same carrier, the first rep to book the 8th load during the 2nd month will earn the carrier as relationship
Carrier Relationships are analyzed and updated at the beginning of every month
do not promise payment without approval
The accessorial may have to be verified and approved by the Customer before payment will be issued
Most accessorials require approval from the customer before they will be paid. We can not promise a carrier that an accessorial will be paid/reimbursed without first knowing that T1 will be paid by our customer. Otherwise, T1 risks losing money to the carrier
Carrier Sales Reps must look at the in/out times, lumper amount, etc. and make sure it matches the load, amount being requested, and that it is within the threshold of customer's requirements before sending along to the customer rep and billing department for approval
Canned Response: Accessorial Approval
To: [Customer Sales Manager/ Account Manager]
Subject: Accessorial Approval Request / [Order#] / [Lane]
ORDER #: 55042
Detention at SHIPPER or CONS?: Cons
FREE TIME = 2 hours
APPT TIME: 0900
IN (per POD): 0900
OUT (per POD): 1345
TOTAL DETENTION REQUESTED (hours): 2.75 hours
TOTAL AMOUNT REQUESTED ($): $82.50
Detention at SHIPPER or CONS?:
FREE TIME = ___ hours per Customer's comments tab (assume 2 hours if not listed)
IN (per POD):
OUT (per POD):
TOTAL DETENTION REQUESTED (hours):
TOTAL AMOUNT REQUESTED ($):
who is responsible for asking if there were any accessorial charges?
The person who marks the load as "Delivered" in Keypoint is always responsible for asking if there were any accessorial charges; at pickup and delivery location(s).
1. If the carrier says "Yes" → Note the amount and person's name in the check call notes
2. If the carrier says "No" → Note that there were no additional charges, per [the person's name] in the check call notes
SEND ALl LUMPER RECEIPTS AND PODS (IF AVAILABLE) TO BILLING@TRANSPORTATIONONE.COM FOR PROCESSING
Pre-Approved Lumper Amounts
For accounts with pre-approved lumper amounts listed, confirm lumper amount shown on receipt is equal to or less than the amount pre-approved by the customer (i.e Aldi)
Lumper is Equal To or Less Than customer approved amount: Carrier Sales Rep may add the lumper to the rate confirmation. No prior approval required
Lumper is Greater Than customer approved amount: Immediately notify the Customer Sales Rep/ Account Manager and email@example.com
Driver Unload/Assist occurs: Verify that the service was pre-approved. The service must be noted on the bills, or supplemental documentation must be provided
no pre-approved lumper amounts (Most accounts)
Follow instructions for Accessorial Approval Requests, above. Once the Customer Sales Rep/Account Manager approves the lumper, the Carrier Sales Rep may add it to the rate confirmation as a separate charge
Detentions/Pallets/Late Fees/Stop Charges
Notify Customer Sales Rep/Account Manager immediately upon occurrence
Dentention: Notification must be sent before detention begins to accrue. This give the customer the opportunity to step in and help expedite. Be aware of customer-specific free time; detention may not be approved if customer-specific rules are not followed.
- Ensure you have the BOL and/or POD with in & out times clearly written: These are required for detention approval
Pallet Charges: Ensure you have the receipt
Once the Customer Sales Rep/Account Manager approves the additional charge(s) in writing, you may add it to the rate confirmation as a separate charge
Carrier reps cannot approve any accessorials under any circumstance unless approved by the Customer Rep/Account Manager in writing
SEND BOL AND/OR POD, RECEIPTS, AND WRITTEN APPROVAL TO BILLING@TRANSPORTATION.COM
Policy for Texting Drivers
Employees of Transportation One shall never knowingly text a driver if that person is actively operating/driving their motor vehicle
EVERY TIME a text is sent, it must be preceded by “PLEASE ONLY READ WHEN SAFE"
Texts May ONLY be Sent for the Following Topics:
- ComCheck Numbers
- Driving Directions
- Status Updates → Only after all other attempts have been made to obtain a status update have failed
When a request for a text message has been made over the phone, the Transportation One employee should advise that the text message only be read when safe and lawful to so
Rate Confirmation Return Policy
All rate confirmations for full truck load orders should be signed by a representative of the transporting carrier and returned before the load is picked up. All returned rate confirmations should be sent or forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate Confirmations should be signed and returned to prove receipt and acceptance of the load's requirements and specifications. Rate Confirmations are used as supporting evidence of carrier responsibilities in the event of a cargo claim.
At Initial Booking: When the Carrier Sales Rep emails the rate confirmation to the carrier, they should include in the body of the email a notice such as, "Please sign and return all pages prior to loading".
Load Assignment Procedures- Accountability Initiative
Load Assignment: The account owner (Customer Sales Rep or Account Manager) will chat or email the Carrier Sales Rep to confirm they are assigning the load to them (putting the load into the carrier rep's initials)
- 100% of loads picking up in more than 24 hours are required to be assigned to an individual rep's board, or offered to at least 3 reps, before putting the load on the ALL board. THE GOAL IS TO NOT HAVE ANY LOADS HIT THE ALL BOARD
- Loads picking up in less than 24 hours may be assigned but are not eligible for “rescue” accountability (addressed below)
15 Minutes to Deny: Carrier Sales Rep has 15 minutes to deny the assignment, otherwise it will be assumed they are accepting
- If denied, the Account Owner should run down the list of reps until someone accepts
- Only loads picking up in less than 24 hours should be put on the ALL board
More Than 24 Hours Until Pickup: From the time the order is built, at least 3 Carrier Sales Reps must be offered the load
- Once a Carrier Sales Rep accepts the load via email or chat, that rep's initials, along with the max spend, is entered by the Customer Sales Rep/Account Manager
a. Example: “PN - $1.33/mi“
- If 3 Carrier Sales Reps deny acceptance, all of their initials must be entered into the load's internal comments when placed on the ALL board
a. Example: “CV, AA, BB denied / ALL - $2.22/mi”
3 Options once the load is accepted by a Carrier Sales Rep:
1. Book the load for the approved price
2. Open the load to the ALL board (only if the following has been completed)
a. Minimum of 10 calls/offers ARE logged (lane history is priority) by 14:00 the day before pick up.
i. “Called lane history” is not acceptable as internal comment
ii. If the load picks up the next business day and was added to the rep's board after 14:00, the assigned rep must log 10 calls/offers by 08:00 on the day of pick up
iii. No “rescue” responsibilities
iv. Assigned Carrier Sales Rep can open the order to the ALL board or do option 3, below
b. Minimum of 10 calls are NOT logged by 14:00 the day prior to pick up → Rescue Attempt Required (if not covered by 0800 day of pickup).
The Account Owner should email or chat the Carrier Sales Manager the order number and advise a Rescue Attempt is required of the assigned rep. Carrier Sales Manager will then notify the assigned rep that they must meet the Rescue Attempt requirements, or risk suspension from booking that lane or account
i. Rescue Attempt will be considered fulfilled when any of the below benchmarks are met:
1. 5 live offers to service times as is OR...
2. 15 additional calls are logged OR...
3. 1 offer is brought that is considered to be a reasonable rate (based on market conditions/tool) by the Carrier Sales Manager
ii. Carrier Sales Manager reserves right to decide if rep has done their due diligence
iii. Rescue attempts must be logged in a timely manner based on below time frames so service is not sacraficed
1. IF PICK APPT/CUTOFF IS B/T BEFORE 13:00: All rescue calls must be logged 1 hour before pick appt/cutoff (or w/in 1.5 hr of start time if pick is earlier)
2. IF PICK APPT/CUTOFF IS AFTER 13:00: All rescue calls must be logged 3 hours before pick appt/cutoff
iv. Rescue Attempt NOT Fulfilled results in the below penalties:
i. Suspended from booking entire account for 1 week - with account owner confirmation OR...
ii. Suspended from booking that exact lane for 1 month - with account owner confirmation
iii. Consistent/repeat offences will result in DAT privileges being removed for a length of time as determined by the Carrier Sales Manager
3. Pass load onto another full time rep's board with approval from BOTH the account owner and the newly assigned carrier rep
a. Example: “JF passed t o AL” → logged into internal comments
b. Newly assigned rep inherits accountability for the load
Purpose: Dedicated Carriers are exempt from the normal Rate Confirmation Return Procedures. Dedicated Carriers are only required to return one signed rate confirmation for the lane they are dedicated to; the “Dedicated Lane Award Confirmation”. They do not have to return rate confirmations for every shipment for the dedicated lane. This reduces frustrations from too-frequent rate con return calls/emails and leads to a better relationship with the carrier.
Definition: A carrier who has moved, or is scheduled to move, the same lane for the same customer at least five (5) times in a 5-week period. Carrier must return at least one (1) dedicated lane award confirmation to prove acceptance of and compliance with T1 Customer/Shipper Specifications for that lane and customer.
Dedicated Lanes are live OTR FTL shipments.
Note: Rate Confirmations are not required for Drop Trailer or Power Only loads
Eligibility: Carrier has been approved for ‘Dedicated’ status by the Carrier Sales Manager and added to the tracking spreadsheet by the Risk & Compliance Manager. Carrier has returned the dedicated lane award/confirmation for their dedicated lane.
Maximum time between loads for a carrier to keep their ‘dedicated’ status on the lane is 10 days, unless otherwise approved.
Carrier Sales Reps
When a carrier has confirmed acceptance to haul a dedicated lane, the Carrier Sales Rep will notify, via email, the Carrier Sales Manager and Risk and Compliance Manager of the carrier’s name/code/mc, dedicated lane, customer, and order number of the first load moved.
Once the carrier is confirmed as approved for ‘Dedicated’ status by the Carrier Sales Manager, the Carrier Sales Rep becomes responsible for the following:
1. Notating all applicable orders as ‘Dedicated’ (exempt from returning rate cons)
a. Add ‘DEDICATED’ to the Notes field of the Main Name/Address tab
i. This note will help flag exempt orders for the Admin responsible for sending the daily Missing Rate Confirmations email
b. If the carrier abandons the dedicated lane, the Carrier Sales Rep is responsible for removing any ‘DEDICATED’ notes from applicable orders
2. Add the carrier’s dedicated lane to the carrier’s record
a. This can be entered in either KeyPoint or Source Center
b. If a carrier falls off or abandons their dedicated lane, it the responsibility of the Carrier Sales Rep to notify the Carrier Sales Manager and Risk & Compliance Manger, and update the lane details in the carrier’s record
Carrier Sales Manager
The Carrier Sales Manager will respond to the notification email from the Carrier Sales Rep and approve or deny the carrier’s dedicated status based on definitions and eligibility requirements.
If a dedicated carrier falls off or abandons their dedicated lane, it is the responsibility of the Carrier Sales Manager to inform the Risk & Compliance Manager.
1. The Carrier Sales Rep may notify all parties, but it is ultimately the Carrier Sales Manager’s responsibility to know when dedicated carriers are added or removed.
Risk & Compliance Manager/ Carrier Admin
When the Carrier Sales Manager approves the Dedicated Carrier, the Risk & Compliance Manager will add the carrier’s details to the Dedicated Carriers Tracking Spreadsheet.
The Admin responsible for sending the daily Missing Rate Confirmations email will use the Dedicated Carriers Tracking Spreadsheet to ensure the “Dedicated Lane Award Confirmation” has been returned, signed by the carrier.
The person responsible for sending the daily Missing Rate Confirmations email will use the ‘DEDICATED’ note entered by the Carrier Sales Rep to keep those orders off the daily email list.
1. It is understood that some orders may be missed and mistakenly included on the Missing Rate Confirmations email. In this instance, the Carrier Sales Rep will politely remind the Admin of the carrier’s status.
When the Carrier Sales Manager (or Carrier Sales Rep) informs the Risk & Compliance Manager of a carrier’s abandonment of a dedicated lane, the Risk & Compliance Manager will update the Dedicated Carriers Tracking Spreadsheet.
All complete invoices (invoice, POD, plus any receipts) must be submitted by the Carrier directly to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, depending on preferred payment method. Quick Pay incurs convenience fees paid by the carrier.
Standard Payment is 30 days from receipt of all required paperwork
Invoices forwarded from the Carrier Sales Rep or Tracing will not be processed
Carrier reps are still encouraged to forward all ad hoc paperwork to Billing@, ie. PODs, Accessorial Receipts, and BOLs
Quick Pay Fees:
1. Quick Pay by Physical Check: 5% fee of the total balance due
- Example: Invoice $1000 - $50 (5% quick pay fee) = Payment of $950
2. Quick Pay by Comcheck: 5% fee of the total balance + $5 per $500 tier of the total amount due
- Example: Invoice $1000 - $50 (5% quick pay fee) - $10 ($5 per $500 tier Comcheck fee) = Payment of $940